Monday, September 11, 2006

I didn't get nearly as far as I intended to get over the weekend, but here are the last frames that will go into my portfolio, though I will continue to expand and ultimately refine this after I print out the first draft:









A relatively quick character concept:


And also, if anyone is looking to get great new art books, I just got these two in the mail:
D'artiste: Concept Art
and
D'artiste: Matte Painting
The styles may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the autobiographies of each artist, their techniques, and their own tutorials are amazing reads, and quite educational for any serious artist out there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacob Marvin Rossi said...

those are the books you were talking about--they look gorgeous. there's a million art books on my half.com wishlist and it makes me sick, hahaha.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! I need that concept art book! I'm so ordering that when I have the money. :D

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home