Saturday, October 20, 2007

Updaties...

Art events happenin' on November 4th:

SketchCrawl #16

Purr-Casso


Lately I've been doing a lot of figure modeling for classes at Academy. In other words I pose for the classes, sometimes nude, and am drawn/painted by the students. It's a really unique feeling, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to experience a different perspective on drawing. When you're modeling, you try your best to push your pose (which those in animation know too well), so it helps you appreciate the physical aspect of drawing a pose by actually living it. And being nude isn't as scary as it sounds. It's a pretty liberating experience, completely exposed and doing these crazy poses in a room full of strangers. It can be quite meditative as you focus all your mental energy on whatever you're looking at, while concentrating your physical energy on holding and balancing the pose. Once you get over the nudity/stage fright thing, the biggest challenges are 1.) balance, 2.) not falling asleep, and 3.) thinking of interesting poses.

Finally, here's a book release I'm -really- looking forward to:

Dream Worlds, by Hans Bacher. I'm in love with this man's art, blog, ideas, and incessant wealth of references to good composition and color. He has been one of my main inspirations ever since learning about him last year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tina Poe said...

I'd like to liberate your balancing act. ;) ;) ;) (insert multiple eyebrow raises here)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Lovelace said...

Love the weight, force & grace of this. Beautiful painting!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Tina >> Oh silly rabbit! These trix aren't for kids. ;)

Lovelace >> Wow! Thank you very much! I feel really honored, since your work is amazing!

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello rosie,
I just learned accidentally about your blog.
thank you for your kind comments. as you might
have noticed, I deleted all my blogs. but the book
DREAM WORLDS will be out in about 2 weeks in english.
hans bacher

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home